A Simple Story About the Power of Publishing Content on the Open Web

Discuss about the phone number list
Jannat12

A Simple Story About the Power of Publishing Content on the Open Web

Post by Jannat12 »

Ithink everyone who has ever wanted to write a book has dreams about what publication day will be like. So far, mine has involved exactly zero groupies and parades, but it’s still been nice. I’ve been watching this day creep towards me for a long time, and now that it’s here, I’m feeling more emotions than I can describe. Excitement and an agreeable sort of fear are vying for the top spot right now. But sitting on top of this stack of feelings is gratitude (Sonia and Brian, this is going to be about you, so stop reading if you’re the blushing types).

Just under that is a stunned Phone Number List sort of disbelief. I work in a public library. I make about $40,000 a year. I’m a simple guy and I’m pretty happy if I have a book to read, some weights to lift, and I can spend enough time with my family. I was never looking for anything life changing. And yet, today, on Book Tour Eve, The World’s Strongest Librarian is … One of Barnes and Noble’s Discover Great New Writers Selections One of Huffington Post‘s most-anticipated reads of 2013 Recently featured in O Magazine The subject of a great review in The New Yorker Seth Godin wrote about it. Steven Pressfield, an author whom I had adored for most of my adult reading life, was suddenly writing to me, some guy working in a library, to say “good job!” All very surreal, but, to use a cliché, a bit of a dream come true.

How it came together This dream would not have happened — at least not in the same way — without some early support and encouragement from friends in the blogging world. Way back when, Brian Clark and Sonia Simone gave me a chance to write here on Copyblogger. They were incredibly supportive and encouraging, and that in turn gave me a chance to be seen by more and more people online. Opportunities to write elsewhere — and to become a better writer — appeared. Opportunities to speak. Opportunities to grow. Opportunities to meet and befriend many of you who read this site. Opportunities to develop this quality the Copyblogger people are calling Authority. And most importantly for making progress online (and for the book), I learned how to figure out what worked.